Monday, October 28, 2013

Nature

I am a person that really appreciates nature. My grandfather lives in Chatham, so I've grown up on the beach. The water is my favorite place in the world and there are few things that make me happier than the beach can. But, the concept of nature I just focused on is very different, and more physical than in king lear. I think king lear focuses more on nature as in the way things naturally happen. Although they use apostrophes about something physical, there is much more meaning in it than king lear just liking or disliking something. King lear does not seem to take a clear stance on his feelings with nature and flip flops back and forth. During the storm, he seems to accept nature for what it is. He is out in the rain and takes in what everyone believes to be a crazy person. I think at this point, Lear had a moment where he kind of "danced in the rain" as people say. He was able to be a little more accepting of all his issues. However, he does flip flop. His age is only ever alluded to by other people, like his nasty daughters. Lear does not appear to be comfortable with his age nor is he accepting of it. He does not wish to be old and dying. Some people are accepting of the aging process, which must be a hard thing to do. A way in which I can see someone being mad at nature is when it randomly seems to target people. For example, so many innocent people die of cancer. Cancer was a disease "created" by nature and it seems unfair that someone can die so easily. Also, so many people are hit by natural disasters and im sure they often wonder "why me?" Sometimes nature can be nice though. :Like I said, i really enjoy the beach. The reason for this is I cant control anything, like the weather and the tide. A lot of the times we think back and look at how we could have changed a scenario but with nature, theres never really anything you can do and to me this is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment