Sunday, December 1, 2013

Julia

Although Julia's ideas were a surprise and I did not expect her to be so rebellious, I don't believe her personality has changed much. She is still a very strong woman, regardless of what 'party' she favors. She has extremely strong opinions and I think this could hurt her. She fails to agree with a lot of what Winston says, or she always has a comment to make about it. Her intense sexual drive did not come as a surprise after the note she sent to Winston. Julia is impressive in her ability to trick the party and maintain a good reputation. Winston seems to always be struggling to keep in his emotions and his feelings towards the party do not seem as strong as Julia's and she seems to easily conceal her feelings of hate. Her seemingly flawless strategies for private meeting prove that she is intelligent and experienced. For those that have read or seen catching fire, she reminds me a lot of Johanna. While she doesn’t directly scream negativity about the government, what she says in private resembles what Johanna says publically. I found it strange that she had never heard of the brotherhood, but it did not surprise me that she didn’t believe in it after she learned about it. I don’t think she has any faith in the society she lives in and for others to see the corruptness. I hope that Winston and Julia are able to influence others and start a rebellion, but it seems that their slightly different views could hold them back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment